- I am going to have to spend time to separate this into warm and cold weather outfits! Drives me nuts having it all in one…
- I like a lot of blue, gray, and tan.
- I like a lot of slouch in my clothes. Even the blazers were relaxed!
- I like layers and elbow patches – maybe I am well suited to living in New England after all!
- I like to pin the polyvore collages or detail pictures. I find that I can picture myself in those outfits easier than when I see clothes on someone else. (This is also to a large extent why I like the collages for my blog as well!)
So today I have analyzed what I like about two pins in order to create an outfit for myself. I chose one for work and one for casual wear.
- Baublebar Necklace ($38)
- JCPenny Sweater ($44, on sale for $22)
- Essie Sand Tropez
- Limited Ankle Pant ($60, on sale for $35)
- Coldwater Creek Blazer ($130, on sale for $44) – They are closing up so sale prices are crazy! It’s a weird store, but if you find something that works…
Finding a work outfit in my pins was harder than I was expecting! I don’t pin a lot of outfits that are dressy enough for work – most of the dressy outfits are wedding or award show bound! But I love this look and actually often wear a similar look with a black blazer and gray sequin top. (Blazer+sequins = Work appropriate, right?) This many not be the most springlike pin either, but it did snow yesterday, so I think long sleeves is appropriate for at least another week! The ankle pants and pumps are a small nod to spring – if this were fall, I would almost definitely choose boots.
- Gap Floral Shirt ($55, on sale for $38)
- Zara Sweater ($26)
- Bag ($108, on sale for $54)
- NY&Co Jean Leggings ($64, on sale for $38)
- ASOS Watch ($38)
- OPI Here Today Aragon Tomorrow
- Lucky Brand Emmie Flats in Cognac ($60)
This is one of many “detail” pictures that I have pinned. Obviously I cannot copy much of the outfit exactly, as it is not in the picture! So I tried to narrow down what I liked about this. The combination of floral and leather made a nice juxtaposition of hard and soft. Also, the majority of the outfit appears to be neutral colors. The bracelets add a nice touch of something new. So I was so excited to find the floral top, which is just perfect. The leather, although not on the cardigan, is in the bag and the shoes. I chose a watch (more my style) that would add some leather as well and choose a dark green (like the top bangle) for the nail color. This outfit is perfect for my love of slouchy and neutral, while still adding in something seasonal like the floral!
I really enjoyed writing this post: I found it to be a good reflection of my own style and what I like about each pin, beyond “Oh, pretty!” I have already earmarked a few more pins for future posts of this kind! (See all my pins here!)
Have you been pin-spired recently?