So remember how I was all “Less Clothes!” and “French Wardrobe Challenge“? Well, I feel a little sneaky: I knew that during July, I was going to visit my parents – and mom always treats me to a shopping spree.
Not only is my mom super nice that way, but we tend to shop better together: When we know that the other person has a lot to try on, we tend to just grab a bunch of stuff, which sometimes turns out great! (Or, at the very least, is somewhat hilarious – like the white pleated lace dress I tried on that made me look 5 years old!) Ironically, we have the opposite body types even through we’re about the same numerical size: stuff that is great on me looks weird on her and vice versa. It’s fun, then, to try on each others reject pile!
- NY&Co Top - I love the windowpane print of this top. It’s no longer online, but I bet there are still plenty in stores. I’m excited because it’s a stretch material, rather than a cotton, which I find more comfortable to wear.
- NY&Co Teal Cardigan ($25) – such a pretty color! And mine matches the windowpane tee’s color perfectly – a kind of trendy version of a twinset.
- NY&Co Sweater ($23) – I love been living in this since I bought it. Love love love.
- Old Navy Tee ($17) – This top reminds me of about 75% of my pinterest account: gray and slouchy.
- Essie Bikini So Teeny ($6) - I adore the color and it’s been on my toes non-stop, but damnit if it doesn’t need a full three coats… [Purchased with my money]
- Green Sleeveless Top (from NY&Co; Pictured from Kohls $17) – I now have similar tops in red, blue, black, and green. Like I have mentioned before: great for summer and great for layering!
- Old Navy Crop Sweatpants ($22) – love these: They make me feel like a tiger. Plus, after wearing them and sitting cross-legged on the couch, the knees are not saggy!
Clothes I purchased:
- Max Studio Dolman top from TJMaxx ($20) – I love the mix of teal and blue. I’m a little less in love with the dolman sleeves: it makes wearing cardigans or jackets a little tricky as there is more fabric in the arm area. Still, I love this top for summer, with white shorts, or for early fall, with skinny jeans.
- Gray / Blue Maxi Skirt from TJMaxx ($20) – I still might return this. I love the mix of gray and blue – and it fits me very nicely. My problem is that I can’t really see myself wearing it with any shoes except sandals, so it would only be useful during summer. I know this can’t possibly be the truth – any suggestions? If I’m still not sure in a week, I’m going to return it…
Total: $48 (1 top, 1 bottom, 1 nail polish)
Total Gifted: 4 tops, 1 cardigan, 1 bottom
My quarterly budget flips over and covers August, September, and October. I will also be back in professional clothes 3-4 days each week, so my wardrobe needs will change because of both work and weather. I’m going to do some planning next month to fill in my wardrobe gaps (mostly shoes…)
How did your spending go this month?